About the Owner
Noel Madigan established Industrial Integration & Control in 2005 after returning home to Ireland after almost 16 years overseas in the Africa, Middle East, Australia and the US.
I have 20+ years of experience in automation & controls applying commercially available software to automation projects. I have successfully designed, programmed and commissioned multiple systems in multiple industries based on understanding the process being controlled and representing the process in intuitive user-friendly interfaces for operations.
I believe in class based software design as a method for creating consistent high-quality, high-quantity applications. I have successfully imposed class designs using database tools to systems where the chosen platform lacked the feature natively. Similarly, I am strong in applying structure to automation project tasks such as I/O & device management, documentation, testing and external interfacing using database tools.
I believe in software based I/O and closed loop process simulation as a valuable step in producing high quality applications, removing schedule dependency on mechanical completion and as a valuable operator training tool.
I have strong experience in the Oil & Gas, Pharmaceutical and Cement Manufacturing industries.
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) with 'Distinction' in Mechatronics from Institute of Technology, Sligo.
- Apprenticeship in Instrumentation & Controls at Aughinish Alumina in Limerick in 1991.
- Received an Academic Achievement Award from Institute of Technology, Sligo for the highest mark in Mechatronics that year.
- Received an City & Guilds of London Silver Medal award in Computer Controls.
- Emerson DeltaV
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix, PLC-5, SLC, PanelView & PowerFlex VSDs
- GE Fanuc RX3i, RX7i, 90-30, 90-70 and GMR
- Siemens S7
- Honeywell PlantScape
- Control Techniques VSDs
I/O and Process Simulation
- SST’s ‘PICS’ Simulation
- Cape Software’s VPLink
- Intellution/Proficy iFix
- Wonderware InTouch
- GE Cimplicity Plant Edition
- Rockwell RSView
- iHistorian / InfoAgent
- VisPro (Linux based SCADA)
- Modbus RTU/TCP
- Microsoft Access
- Visual Basic
- SQL Server
- Kepware OPC
- Matrikon OPC